Hosted by Risk.net, these awards honour excellence in op risk management, regulation and risk management service provision.
Operational Risk Awards
The annual Operational Risk Awards took place on June 18, 2019 in New York at the New York Marriott Marquis.
- Entries opened: February 4th, 2019
- Entries closed: April 2nd, 2019
Recognising excellence in operational risk management
The threats financial firms face as part of their daily business continue to morph in new and dangerous ways – ones that are often difficult to quantify, and which require constant vigilance to guard against. From JP Morgan to UBS, many chief risk officers tell Risk.net they spend a majority of their time thinking about the insidious effects of non-financial risk on their business.
These awards recognise firms who are thinking differently about op risk, are learning from past mistakes, and who see the function as an active shield against costly missteps and reputational damage, to protect themselves and their customers.
Past winners have been recognised for adapting staid risk and control processes such as key risk indicator to dynamically enhance reporting, and ultimately bolster their bottom line; others have been rewarded for learning from past op risk events and evolving their frameworks accordingly.
The awards recognise:
- Thought leadership within operational risk management, including appropriate responses to loss events;
- Improvements in frameworks that have driven tangible benefits for customers, the business, and other stakeholders;
- The value original research in the field offers for the wider industry;
- The contribution individuals have made to the discipline, both within their institution and beyond.
The awards ceremony was held in New York in July 2019, at the OpRisk and Cyber Risk North America gala dinner. The best of luck to entrants.